Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LePera Seat and Plans

So I've kind of been in a holding pattern waiting for the funds to buy the seat I wanted for my scooter. I decided I was sick of waiting and sold some stuff on eBay that I had just sitting around collecting dust and raised the cash in just a few days

New seat is the LePera Bare Bones model LN-002. No biker gel. Low, thin and mean looking.

Plans now are to rig up this rear fender (in bobbed fashion) along with bending a custom sissy bar out of some stainless steel rod that I bought a while back from these guys.

The fender will be attached to the swingarm under the oil tank and then via the sissy bar too which'll mount to welded on tabs on the swingarm near the rear axle. That'll let the fender move up and down with the swingarm and rear wheel, independent of the frame, so I can drop the fender real low and close to the tire (the look that I'm shooting for).

After that I'll need to figure out taillight and license plate mounting.

Cross that bridge when I come to it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment